• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Fun-Employment

2 posts in this topic

How I've spent it.

I am starting a new job next week and was lucky enough to be able to take two weeks off in between leaving the old job and starting the new one. My cousin coined this term as being "Fun-Employed".

Sadly, it has not been 100% fun though, as I have injured 4 fingers during this time. 1. A nasty blister while helping my mom in her yard, 2. A leash burn courtesy of my dog as he needed to sniff a tree, 3. A gash on a finger while helping to build a play house for my niece and 4. What I think is a pulled ligament in my finger while trying to climb a fence to retrieve a tennis ball. I'm getting old.... lol

But, to the fun stuff. I have had time to completely photograph and organize my collection. My wife and I went to Philadelphia for the day, last Thursday and we went to the Philadelphia Mint. We went about 6 years ago and were HIGHLY disappointed. The layout and presentation were awful and way out of date. To say they have made a complete turnaround is just not good enough. The tour is still self guided, but much more interactive and informative. They give a complete lesson on how a coin is made, from huge coil, to packing and shipping. There are binoculars set up to help you see the coins on the presses, information about the current Mint Engravers, etc etc etc etc..... I was highly impressed and can't wait to go back.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day and is able to add something to their collection.

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins

Marcus,

I will need to take some time this weekend to check your new pics.

As for the blisters and gashes you got on your hands --- when they heal you will be a tougher man with tougher hands and next time your mom needs help it will not be so hard on you!! :grin: