• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2.5 Indian - NEWP & My First US Gold - Post one if you got one!!

15 posts in this topic

Thanks for all the replies !

I bought this coin purely on eye appeal, and I'll tell you it looks just as fabulous in-hand as it does on-screen.

There is some friction in the fields and some rub on the highest points, most noticeable in the garland of flowers draped across the war bonnet, which accounts for the circulated grade.

Perhaps a bit harsh at AU55, but really I could care less of the grade. From the standpoint of original patina, decent strike, and overall pleasing eye appeal this little Indian ain't going nowhere.

Very nice! This was my first classic piece of gold also!!

Do you mean this exact coin or do you mean the series? I remember you posting a thread about your coin, but I do not remember what it looked like (although I do remember thinking that it was nice for the grade).

I remember Bobby's post as well. If I am not mistaken his is an MS63 or 4 and a great lookin' coin.

Bobby, and everyone please feel free to post your 2.5 Indians (thumbs u

I would guess this coin to be a PCGS 58. Very nice looking Indian. The reverse does look to be MS.

Super nice example!

:applause:

I think I need to save up and get me one of those. Very nice design.