• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 people selling the same coin on Ebay for a different price.

16 posts in this topic

So last time I posted something like this I got yelled at by everyone telling me it was common for 2 people to be selling the same coin and then I got banned from PCGS for that thread because one of the sellers was BNB and got accused of spamming his ebay auction. This was right after his youtube video amking fun of Big Man Don Willis. So anyway, I guess I am a risk taker and here we go again. I was actually thinking of buying the coin so it caught my attention.

Now I understand this can happen, but what I find odd is this is a trinket coin and doesn't see, like the kind of coin you would multi list. Common date Peace dollar, one seller in Cali another in Illinois, both asking different prices.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1924-1-Peace-Dollar-PCGS-MS65/141702002322?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D31233%26meid%3D40e7b64136f044678eb25983711145da%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D131517323518&rt=nc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131517323518?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Could be the second seller actually bought the coin from the first seller. He's conveniently out of town to cover the period the coin could be in transit.

I don't see any mystery or cause for concern here. It appears that the current seller (whom I know) bought it for $110 from the previous one and now has it listed for $135.

I don't see any mystery or cause for concern here. It appears that the current seller (whom I know) bought it for $110 from the previous one and now has it listed for $135.

Looks like the same to me.....He's trying to just flip the coin.

First sale ended yesterday. Don't know when the second was put up, but if it yesterday it was put up while the seller was unavailable. Also it is the same coin but the pictures are different. So if the second seller bought it and is now relisting it, how did it get from IL to CA and have time to be reimaged so quickly?

I guess the second seller could have been in IL, picked it up , photographed it and posted the second ebay listing while on the road and won't be back in CA until today.

If something does not smell right - walk. Easy solution.

Good advice, in general. However, I know the current seller and he is legitimate. Nothing about his listing "does not smell right".

If something does not smell right - walk. Easy solution.

Good advice, in general. However, I know the current seller and he is legitimate. Nothing about his listing "does not smell right".

I would trust your reference Mark. I meant it in the general sense.

Both auctions were live when I posted. That's the mystery.

They Mayer Numis listing has been up at least 3 months.

First sale ended yesterday. Don't know when the second was put up, but if it yesterday it was put up while the seller was unavailable. Also it is the same coin but the pictures are different. So if the second seller bought it and is now relisting it, how did it get from IL to CA and have time to be reimaged so quickly?

I guess the second seller could have been in IL, picked it up , photographed it and posted the second ebay listing while on the road and won't be back in CA until today.

Nice to see someone else with common sense and understands simple things.

A lot of dealers hand off slow selling or out-of-wheelhouse merch to another dealer to sell on consignment. And maybe #1 forgot it was listed.

Dealers also will jointly purchase a big ticket item, with maybe an exclusive period for one of them

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.

A lot of dealers hand off slow selling or out-of-wheelhouse merch to another dealer to sell on consignment. And maybe #1 forgot it was listed.

Seems like a lot of work for a $100 coin. Just drop it by $20 and move it out the door.

Dealers also will jointly purchase a big ticket item, with maybe an exclusive period for one of them

$100 coin

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity.

Never implied malice, just found it odd.