• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Tier

2 posts in this topic

When a coin is submitted to NCS for conservation and then forwarded to NGC, how does NCS/NGC determine which grading tier to use?

For example, if I submit a modern coin, how do I know it won't be submitted thru the Early Bird tier at $28 instead of the modern tier at $11?

If I put a mixture of coins on one NCS submission form (world, modern, economy, Early Bird/high value), will NCS/NGC put each coin under the appropriate tier or will they just lump them all under the more expensive Early Bird tier?

After conservation, your coins will be sent to NGC under the most ecomincal tier possible given your declared values. If, as in your example, some of your coins would fall under the Modern tier and some the Early Bird tier, you will be charged for the grading according to the appropriate tier. The Modern tier coins will be charged the Modern tier price, and the Early Bird tier coins will be charged the Early Bird tier price. While we can split an NCS invoice into different tiers when we transfer your coins to NGC, it does help if you can write up coins you know will transfer to different tiers onto different NCS invoices when you submit.

Chris, NCS Customer Service