• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Appearance review question

4 posts in this topic

I am about to submit a coin for an appearance review. There are green spots that could be PVC on both the obverse and reverse of my NGC MS65 Barber quarter. Do you think that I should include a note with my submission telling them what I think the problem is? Is that a good idea?

Maybe I should e-mail NGC and tell them that the coin is on the way? What is your experience with appearance reviews?

Thanks,

Dan

when it comes to appreaance review

and this is from my personal experience!

they do an excellent job are professional and timely they take care of it for you

this is waht i would do

1 call ngc and speak to customer service and tell them you are sending in a coin for appreaance review and state the problem with the coin simply and to the point

they will tell you how to do it step by step

usually you send it in write on the form in a few short words the problem with it

green spots possible PVC on obverse and reverse of quarter

and then send it in registered mail with the correct return postage and handling costs

and await their reply!

i am sure with their guarantee/NCS this can be resolved to your satisfaction

also tell them what you are looking for wthi this coin

replacement? fixing the problem and returning the coin to you? other

call customer service first and dsicuss all of the above with them

they are collector oriented and are ready and willing to help you

let them!

good luck and let me know waht happens!

keep me informed

sincerely michael

Dan,

I sent in a Barber Dime recently that had some spots on the reverse and some really dark, fingerprints on the obverse. I filled out the form, and attached a letter with my concerns about the piece. When the coin was returned, NGC had lightened the fingerprint to where it wasn't distracting and removed the spots on the reverse.