• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Playing with images and using new software.....

9 posts in this topic

I am working on improving the eye appeal of my site which will be a long work in progress, but am also playing with some new software. I think my images look much better and I like the way I can do this

1806%20O-103a%20Full.jpg

and you can check out what my site is being transformed into here

1806/5 O-103a

Which camera/lens and software do you use?

I myself like using DxO Optics to correct lens distortion and Paint.net to fix the color/saturation

RnPpNSkl.jpg

The one on the right looks exaggerated, not fixed.

edit: reviewing it, I think you're right. it is a bit exaggerated, but not by a lot. having had a year more of experience, I have gotten better at my pictures.

WM9v6J6l.jpg

TooRZYVl.jpg

I grabbed that one because OP seemed interested in bust halves

Images look dark to me.

:wishluck:

I think the blue background is not a great choice. Dark coins look better with the white background and lusterous coins on black. There's just no way around that as non-unique as it may be at this point.

The one on the right looks exaggerated, not fixed.

Depends on what the coin really looks like. Didn't come across as juiced as some others.

The blue channel looks odd - the color is too pure for typical coin tarnish - esp on a circulated coin.