• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade (toned morgan) grade posted

21 posts in this topic

The '85-O has super lustre and a good strike! Nice obverse toning. There is a little chatter on the cheek. But the fields look clean. I am going to say MS65!!

I am going to Say MS65 (maybe a 66) since it is an O and that is a wicked nice strike for an O mint coin! smile.gif I know it would look very nice in my O mint collection thats for sure! grin.gif

the spot is on the coin, i don't know what it is. Very interesting guesses so far. I think you will be surprised when you see what PCGS gave this coin. it's in the green insert holder if that means anything.

And the grade is

1885Oslab1%2Ejpg

After seeing the grades posted here i think it's got a good chance at an upgrade. It's not going to be sent in but it's nice to know that it's PQ for the grade.

WHOA!! that coin is crazy undergraded, even for PCGS! I will trade you one of my PCGS MS63 O mint 1885's for that one! grin.gif

Mark,

Alas, this exercise doesn't help much with the competition. I think I'm gonna get whipped by Mr. Maben. I am not confident at all that I'll get even ONE correct.

Guessing the date from looking only at the reverse is pretty tough for me! I have tried in the past -- when I was looking at many Morgans -- and never did well. And, I haven't looked at a Morgan in years. frown.gif

EVP