• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two new IHC's

15 posts in this topic

I agree that coin 1 is Artificially Toned.

I think coin 2 is natural and very attractive. I couldn't tell you if it's AU or MS 64 however, I'm leaning MS 64.

1909 - a very unattractive AT job, in my opinion. Return it as soon as possible, if you can.

I agree, but wanted some 3rd party input before I made a decision. Thank you.

1909 – ditto on what the others guys said, color just does not look right

I like the 1887 however I am not sure if this one might be considered A/T .

Grade wise I give it MS 64 RB.

The 1887 is fine, the 1909 not so much.

I like the 1887 a lot.

I don't agree with those who think there is a problem with the 1887. At least, not in my experience in mostly collecting copper.

The 1909 screams big problems.

I like the 1887 a lot.

I don't agree with those who think there is a problem with the 1887. At least, not in my experience in mostly collecting copper.

Yes, especially the way the toning doesn't flow from the field to the relief. Those breaks are a dead give away. The photos given when purchasing were poor, but I took a shot at it because it would have paid off 5x's if ended up being an original IHC.

The 1887 is graded and slabbed by PCGS. The toning edges are natural looking, flow from the field to the relief without breaks or color changes, and don't carry any unnatural pattern such as streaking, spotting, etc.

I like the 1887 a lot.

Yes, especially the way the toning doesn't flow from the field to the relief. Those breaks are a dead give away. The photos given when purchasing were poor, but I took a shot at it because it would have paid off 5x's if ended up being an original IHC.

The 1887 is graded and slabbed by PCGS. The toning edges are natural looking, flow from the field to the relief without breaks or color changes, and don't carry any unnatural pattern such as streaking, spotting, etc.

How accurately do your photos portray the color?

I would say accurately. I took the 1909 and the photo of the 1887 is from the previous owner, but I would say they're both very true.

Here is a slab photo of the 1887:

Mek5tKaSFS62jDG5Kkui_1887%20IHC%20eagle%20eye%20purchase%20slab.jpg

I would trust Rick Snow fully. The Photoseal sticker actually does carry a great deal of weight given that Rick is the pre imminent expert in the field and has examined the coin in hand.

The 1887 is GREAT and looks properly graded. I don't like the look of the 1909. Even if it straight graded---I wouldn't like it. It looks drab olive---not necessarily unattractive but it looks fooled with.

The 1887 is GREAT and looks properly graded. I don't like the look of the 1909. Even if it straight graded---I wouldn't like it. It looks drab olive---not necessarily unattractive but it looks fooled with.

Thanks and I agree.

I sent the 1909 back the very next day!