• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy To Be Back by Iowa Silver Baron Bammer

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A lot has happened in the last 2 years.

For those of you who don't know me, or haven't been keeping up with my previous journals, I took a 2 year hiatus, (or sabbatical, or vacation or whatever you want to call it). Well, a little over 2 months ago I was able to renew my account. Since that time, I have been really going through my coins and currency, trying to really get a game plan on my collecting journey.

One of my big problems before, and something I still have to watch out for, is I've never met an American coin I didn't like to collect. Well, the solution to this is for me to write out a plan to meet my collecting goals. There is going to be some tough choices but that's ok. For example, when I first started collecting a kid, my 4 favorite sets were the Morgan dollars, Indian Head Cents, Liberty nickels and Buffalo nickels. Since my interest now is in silver coinage and if I can make it that far, gold coinage. However there will be 2 sets I will be making of non silver coinage. Sac dollars (especially the different reverse designs that started in 2009) and the Westward Journey nickels. Fortunately, I have the proof Westward Journey proof set complete.

With my retirement formally underway, this is a good time to sit down and work out my plan of attack. While I will have some cash to spend on coins every month, the amount is not a big number. So I'll have to finish my goals and plan, and start back in my collecting journey.

I will try to keep everyone updated on my journey, and for me it will be a good way to keep track of how I want to collect now.

I'm sorry I don't have a photo for this journal article. That's one tradition I will keep in my new collecting journey, starting with the next journal entry I write.

See more journals by Iowa Silver Baron Bammer

Welcome back! you have been missed...and I look forward to your regular posts again. (thumbs u

-Brandon