• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Issue resolved. All is well...carry on!

9 posts in this topic

I have had dealings with Jon in the past, and he has always come through. He doesn't post on NGC very often, so sometimes communications with him are *very* slow. However, I've never had a major problem.

I hope that he will post here and tell his side of the story. Like a coin, there are always three sides to every story - yours, his, and the truth. I hope it all works out!

Taking what you've posted at face value, PayPal will/is obligated to, give you your refund. Period. So I'll guess you've yet to inform them of this failure on the part of their seller? As they of course have a complete record of this transaction and he, the seller "should" have proof of shipping/delivery?

As a retailer of 38+ years, and an ebay seller w/ over 750+, I can say without question is that this fellow has dropped the ball (apparently often) and you, are way overdue to do something about it. I don't mean to sound harsh but you must be more proactive about such as this. Even if he had/has family or health problems, the longer you wait, the smaller his (PayPal connected) bank account gets. And to now be back in the coin business w/o taking care of way overdue customers like yourself is unconscionable.

m

edit: not this co.?

http://www.pccoins.com/

I think the problem you run into is a lot of people try to circumvent the PayPal fees by doing a friends and family transaction. I am not saying that it is the case in this instance, but have seen plenty of offers of $X friends and family or $X+3%. I wouldn't consider saving 3% in hopes that the person on the other side is honest.

I have bought and had successful transactions with both you and the other party to this dispute, and am surprised to read this. I hope he comes forward soon, and that all issues are resolved in a way that is satisfactory to all parties involved.

All - Jon and I have talked and we have resolved things amicably. He has hit a very bad patch for an extended period in just about every way imaginable that resulted in other things becoming more a priority than these boards. None of it is my business nor anyone else's, so we'll leave it at that.

While it's not good to leave someone hanging on something as important as a $60 coin they dearly want, in the overall scheme of things, I'm pondering that this felony pales in significance to the real things that can happen to us in this life.

Happy collecting and I'll be watching for future offerings from PCCoins as he does make some tasty offerings available. If you don't want to purchase from him due to this episode, I understand, and that may make some of my future buys easier to acquire. :)

So...all is well, thanks for the commentary, and your positive PM's have been most uplifting. Nothing to see here anymore - move along...

I would like to add a quick epilogue. Just before this thread was posted I purchased a coin from Jon. It arrived today and it looks fantastic. It will be off to PCGS or NGC in short order. He was also friendly and good at communicating throughout.

-- A very happy customer!