• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSH: Nuclear toned '58-D PCGS ms65FBL Franklin Half & Rainbow '52-S PCGS ms66

7 posts in this topic

Paypal only.

1) For sale is a Nuclear Rainbow Toned '58-D Franklin PCGS ms65 FBL. Message me asap with any questions. I had it professionally imaged and the photographer said that it was one of the nicest toned Franklins that he has ever seen, and he's imaged a lot of coins.

Asking $275 shipped...might be able to come down a little on the price but it's such a spectacular Rainbow toned example I hate to leave money on the table... don't sleep on this beauty because I'm sure if won't last long... first come first serve!

half_1958d_obv-sm.jpg

half_1958d_rev-sm.jpg

2) 1952-S PCGS ms66 Washington quarter, old holder, amazing two sided toning with blazing luster on reverse and overall an amazing coin... Asking $75 shipped

IMG_4992_zpst9zeco6v.jpg

IMG_4995_zpskqveryzz.jpg

IMG_4991_zps8iyxs1ys.jpg

IMG_4997_zpsdmpgik3v.jpg

Be cautious when dealing with PCCoins

I post this with a heavy heart as it isn’t my nature to cast aspersions or negative comments about anyone – especially a fellow collector. However, at this point I find there isn’t much more to be done – so I’m sharing this as a cautionary tale.

In November of 2014 Jon (PCCoins) posted a very nice 1962 half with beautiful toning for purchase. I offered to buy it and he accepted. As part of my offer I posted a response to his post indicating my interest and received posts from several members of NGC’s site warning me of past issues when dealing with Jon. However I had already completed a successful transaction with him and pretty much let the warnings slide. He accepted my offer for the coin and I paid via Paypal a couple of days later. I have had many successful transactions buyer and selling on both the NGC and PCGS boards and didn’t expect this to go any differently – especially since we already had previously completed a successful transaction. Fast forward to the middle of December where no coin had been received and Jon hadn’t sent a tracking number to me. He asked me to wait a few more days for the coin – I sent a message on 12/22 saying ‘still no coin’ and that I didn’t expect to receive it at that point. For the next couple of months I sent a heartbeat message looking for a response and even resorted to checking the PCGS site to see the last time he had logged on…he was a no show and after a couple of months I let it drop and remained silent. Now I understand – folks get sick, they go through troughs in their life…hell, they even pass on…and we’re talking less than $60, so it’s not a huge amount. Still, principle is involved.

Yesterday I was very surprised to see that PCCoins is offering coins for sale again! And, there have been no responses to my posts looking for either the coin I paid for or a refund. After seeing the coin he just listed – a very nice one to be sure – I gave Jon another chance to respond and refund my purchase by 6:00 today eastern, or that I would be left with no alternative other than to post this to inform all members to be wary of dealing with him. Alas, no response. The hell of it is that he has some great coins and I have purchased some killer examples from him before.

Jon – the ball is in your court.

RWW... check your personal messages please... thanks ~ Jon

I would like to hear your side of the story. As, based on the other side that I have seen posted here and on the PCGS forum, I have serious concerns.

All - Jon and I have talked and we have resolved things amicably. He has hit a very bad patch for an extended period in just about every way imaginable that resulted in other things becoming more a priority than these boards. None of it is my business nor anyone else's, so we'll leave it at that.

While it's not good to leave someone hanging on something as important as a $60 coin they dearly want, in the overall scheme of things, I'm pondering that this felony pales in significance to the real things that can happen to us in this life.

Happy collecting and I'll be watching for future offerings from PCCoins as he does make some tasty offerings available. If you don't want to purchase from him due to this episode, I understand, and that may make some of my future buys easier to acquire.

So...all is well, thanks for the commentary, and your positive PM's have been most uplifting.

Thanks RWW for your response... things have been resolved as I was away from the boards for sometime.

Sorry for all the drama, I don't care for it and I try not to start it as well... take care fellow coin lovers