• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unusual World Coins

2 posts in this topic

I have a foreign pattern that is not listed in the standard Krause catalogs. It is listed in Unusual World Coins by Colin R. Bruce and assigned an XM number. This currently out-of-print book is going to be re-released later this year.

The coin was submitted to NGC with the XM number listed under the variety. It was returned graded and slabbed, but without the XM number or any identification to indicate it is a pattern coin. It is slabbed as if it were a normal coin.

Does NGC slab all (most?) the so-called coins listed in the Unusual World Coins book or should this coin not have been slabbed in the first place? Can I send this back to get the XM number and Pattern listed on the insert?

Greg, We try to holder these Bruce-XM coins when possible. Dozens of issues that were in older editions of the K-M catalog are now only in the Bruce book.

If you send the piece that had the XM number omitted I will put it on the label for you. This was an oversight on our part. Send it to my attention with any relevant info you can provide.

Thanks.

Ken Krah.