• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTG 1928 Peace Dollar (Grade Revealed)

12 posts in this topic

With the exception of the gashes on the neck, the surfaces are clean. I'll guess MS64. With this said, this is the type of coin where I could see a TPG giving you a different grade with each submission.

It almost looks like there is a MM on it but assuming it is what you say, a 1928-P, I will go with a MS64+ based on the financial considerations of a higher MS65.

It almost looks like there is a MM on it but assuming it is what you say, a 1928-P, I will go with a MS64+ based on the financial considerations of a higher MS65.

No mint mark, but there does appear to be a slightly raised area of metal below where a mint mark would be and close to the tail feathers. It does not appear nearly as prominent in hand as it does in the above image. An illusion caused by the combination of lighting and toning, I suspect.

PICT0005_zpsnj2tqcy0.jpg

I am going to guess MS62. It has a rim ding, a deep scratch on the neck line and some minor scratches on the neck and cheek. It looks to be a very nice coin with lots of luster and clean fields. There is also some contact on the wing feathers.