• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Worthless NGC - Non CAC Thread. Let's See The Dreck!

18 posts in this topic

Hmmmm hm - Where to begin. Ahh! Here is one. NGC MS61 - No CAC but hey, it is a solid MS61 in my opinion, but being a routine dreck purchaser, what would I know. (apparent lines on coin are on old NGC slab) (shrug)

Worthless Dreck!

1853_Gold_1_Dollar_Type_1.jpg

Here is another that is worthless dreck MS 65* FB - NGC of course and no CAC.

Now why would any dealer worth their salt leave money on the table like that?

1945_S_Mercury_Dime_FB.jpg

Here is some "Ugly" Dreck. Some would probably opine that the toning is not NT -- Whatever! MS69 NGC and of course no CAC but they may not CAC Bullion so maybe "I am not being fair".

1994_Gold_25_Dollar_AGE.jpg

Now .... anyone else have any worthless dreck? ???

I have lots of non CAC NGC coins that aren't worthless nor do I consider them dreck.

Mark

8.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

1.jpg

There you go Mark .... Sweet!

Those are all very, very nice. I especially like the 36 Gettysburg. :applause:

wdrob - your examples aren't really fair, because even if submitted to CAC, they would not earn a sticker. First, CAC doesn't sticker medals like that (that I am aware of, if I'm wrong then so be it). Second, that Feuchtwanger is growing green stuff. That wouldn't get a CAC sticker.

As opposed to MJ's gorgeous coins, which most likely don't have a sticker because they have never been submitted (I'm guessing). These coins are certainly not dreck!

There is a big difference between NGC-non-CAC coins which are high quality, attractive coins and coins which actually are dreck.

To be clear - there is dreck in NGC slabs. There is dreck in PCGS slabs. Dreck has been stickered by CAC. There is no sure-fire guarantee of non-dreckiness. Only you can decide if the coin is attractive, solidly graded, problem free, and a good value - according to what you like.

Relying on PCGS, NGC, and CAC to make these determinations for you only leads to numismatic retardation. Save yourselves, for the love of all that is coinage.

I am perfectly aware that CAC does not sticker medals. This was more tongue and cheek since some unnamed person decided that NGC coins with or without the CAC seal of approval were inferior to other TPG co plastic.

I can remove the coin and medal if you would like. I don't think it is green but I am color blind. (shrug)

I personally would love to see many more outstanding examples like MJ's from all. Even you. I am sure you have some very nice NGC holdered coins, no?

Here's kind of a cool looking 1882-S with superb obv. cameo contrast and very deep mirrors. I bought this piece raw in a Heritage sale many years ago.

13_zps7f8d27c5.jpg

To be clear - there is dreck in NGC slabs. There is dreck in PCGS slabs. Dreck has been stickered by CAC. There is no sure-fire guarantee of non-dreckiness. Only you can decide if the coin is attractive, solidly graded, problem free, and a good value - according to what you like.

Relying on PCGS, NGC, and CAC to make these determinations for you only leads to numismatic retardation. Save yourselves, for the love of all that is coinage.

(thumbs u

Me thinks the OP is being a tad sarcastic.... :)

Here's my bit of FDC dreck - an oldie, but goodie:

Alexander2.jpg

In the spirit of your post Bill, I submitted this to CAC late last year and it did not receive the green bean. It doesn't detract from the coin in my eyes in any way, shaper or form. I still love it.

18788TFMS64_zps333b3237.jpg18788TFMS64reverse_zps102b7159.jpg

Me thinks the OP is being a tad sarcastic.... :)

Here's my bit of FDC dreck - an oldie, but goodie:

Alexander2.jpg

Absolutely right. :/

I got to get me one of those Roger. Or at least, take a really close look at one eventually.

Joe, I like that ... that is my kind of Morgan.

Dragon -- what is going on with the neck on that Morgan or is that something about the way the picture is taken? Got to be the picture.

wdrob - your examples aren't really fair, because even if submitted to CAC, they would not earn a sticker. First, CAC doesn't sticker medals like that (that I am aware of, if I'm wrong then so be it). Second, that Feuchtwanger is growing green stuff. That wouldn't get a CAC sticker.

As opposed to MJ's gorgeous coins, which most likely don't have a sticker because they have never been submitted (I'm guessing). These coins are certainly not dreck!

There is a big difference between NGC-non-CAC coins which are high quality, attractive coins and coins which actually are dreck.

IMHO "non-dreckiness" should be fully incorporated into numismatic lexicon. :headbang:

That being said, Jason, I agree with all points in your post. The best is the closing sentence.

"Save yourselves, for the love of all that is coinage." Classic--well done.

Carl

I doubt this one has seen CAC, but I believe this one fits your request?

Absolutely. Nice!

I like those die cracks.

I wonder if they (CAC) consider die cracks bad?

That being a serious question. (no joking around on that one Carl and Jason) ....seems I have to ID my humor for them. (shrug)

This sums it up very well. Thanks Jason. (thumbs u

Best, HT