• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1880-s Morgan

10 posts in this topic

bobloblaw123 - Welcome to the forum!

I was hoping someone else would have responded by now since I really don't know what to say on that one. But since you took the time to post it I will take the time to guess.

I would say MS63 and I would not be surprised if it made its way into a MS64 since the price is minimal. The toning is "unique" might be the best way to put it.

It looks to me that the toning is hiding a lot of chatter on the Obv. I'm gonna go with maybe 62 if not a details grade. The Obv looks to have some weird bumps on libertys face and neck.

I'm not liking the color. I think they bounced it as Artificial. I hope I'm wrong though.

Coin looks pretty high grade but pics are really tough to interpret.

Welcome!!!

This is why it's hard to grade from pics sometimes. I was way off base. Nice grade!

thanks :) coin has lots of luster in-hand, but the color makes it tough to capture well in pics