• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEWP Trade Dollar

23 posts in this topic

I've also liked the series but never got around to buying one. That streak has ended. Proof CAM.

Mark

29468607_large.jpg

Gorgeous! What held it back from PF64?

It has marks typical of a low 64 or high 63. I think because it's a CAM with the mirrors the fields are a little more in play. Honestly if the coin was a 64 I would have bought it so I count myself lucky I guess. 63 PF CAM with sticker.

Mark

WOW!!!

You were very lucky to find a coin that looks like that in just a PR-63 holder. Most of the time a coin like that will be at least a PR-64 with a "PQ" sticker on it and a price to match.

I admit that I have not shopped for these for while because the quotes I got for decently looking Proof Trade Dollars in were in 5 figures and so high that I thought they were bad buys. If I had run into a piece like this for reasonable money I might have losened the checkbook.

Gorgeous! What held it back from PF64?

It has to have some hairlines. The only ones that really show are in the right field behind MS Liberty's arm.

Very nice example. I would like to one day get a trade dollar also but have never found one like you have there in my < $99.00 price range - but I keep looking. ;)

btw; Congrats on the upcoming union. :golfclap:

It has to have some hairlines. The only ones that really show are in the right field behind MS Liberty's arm.

Magnificent coloration, a superb example of the natural effects of physics and chemistry on a fine product of human artistry, congrats!

As for the right-field hairlines suggested by Bill Jones, no problem, they can be easily remedied by the forceful application of a properly positioned chopmark. Or might that be frowned upon as coin doctoring? hm

Magnificent coloration, a superb example of the natural effects of physics and chemistry on a fine product of human artistry, congrats!

As for the right-field hairlines suggested by Bill Jones, no problem, they can be easily remedied by the forceful application of a properly positioned chopmark. Or might that be frowned upon as coin doctoring? hm

Scattered hairlines for sure. I think this is a 63 seven out of 10 times at PCGS and a 64 the other three times................Thanks for the imput boys.

Mark

Very nice example. I would like to one day get a trade dollar also but have never found one like you have there in my < $99.00 price range - but I keep looking. ;)

btw; Congrats on the upcoming union. :golfclap:

THANK YOU. Dave Wnuck and Gregg Bingham met her recently and proclaimed Tracy a MS71. On that I would agree.....................Mark