• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1939 Walker Half Dollar

21 posts in this topic

looks Like a 66 to me

After looking again, I see a pretty clear MS65.

The reverse is near flawless, but technically that wont help the grade.

MS65 . 39 P s are generally well struck with above average eye appeal.

That would have been my guess too. Everyone else seems to see MS66 or higher .. figured I was just way off.

Ok, got the coin in had. looking at it I think it will go at least 66 and have a decent shot for a higher grade possibly 67. Great luster of course it's my coin so I might be a bit bias. I'll send it in to be graded in a couple of months once I get a couple more, and post grade then.

Ok, got the coin in had. looking at it I think it will go at least 66 and have a decent shot for a higher grade possibly 67. Great luster of course it's my coin so I might be a bit bias. I'll send it in to be graded in a couple of months once I get a couple more, and post grade then.

What kind of slab is it in right now - if any? If it is, what'd they call it?

I think the chatter in the right field, the chatter on the sun and the rim hit on the reverse will all hold it back.

I'd be glad for you if it gets graded MS 65. They seem incredibly hard on my Walkers, that's why I think the way I do.

It's not in a slab, it was in a square shaped airtite. I've seen gold coins in this type of holder before...As far as what it will come back at only time will tell...however I'm still guessing 66 as low grade..

Now that you have it in hand, what is going on in the right obverse field? Are those dark flecks toning, chatter, or slight pinpoint breaks in frost? How detracting is this in hand?

Not detracting at all to me, really do not pick up with naked eye. However under a 10X I would call it slight pinpoint breaks in frost, but hey I'll be the first to admit I'm not an expert.