• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New in the market by tamara c

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Lots of questions

I have just started logging my coins, collected for years, mostly Wheat Pennies. Have a variety of coins, wondering what is the next step-authenticate? do dealers take time to go through all the coins In have? I can't find what the value of my Sacaga-dollar coin with the arrows wrapped in a band on the back is anywhere, no date

See more journals by tamara c

I would suggest you take pictures of the coins you feel are most valuable and post them in the US Coin thread while asking for advice. It's probably the easiest way to get some of your questions answered.

I look forward to seeing your coins!

Tamara,

On your Sacagawea no date coin ---- Did you look on the rim?? The dates and mint marks are printed on the outside rim edge. The third side of the coin. ;)

As a general rule, dealers are there to make money. They will not do more than scan your coins to cherry pick the ones of value or some good to them. I suggest you find someone near you who will help you go through your collection with no bias or motive other than helping you.

It won't take many dealers to get the best out of your coins and leave you with the chaffe.

This advice comes from a fellow who gave away a bunch of coins at garage sale prices when they were worth much more.

Get friendly help and don't let loose of anything before you have verified everything. Its not easy.

Capt. Brian

See my site: exonumiaandmore.com