• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 (W) Silver Eagle Postings

2 posts in this topic

sig.jpg

I have a 2015 (W) Silver Eagle which I can not get to post correctly. As mentioned it is a (W) but is coming up as a coin that is available only in the 2015 Mint State (no w) slot.

I have verified it is an NGC Coin and with the NGC query it is properly listed as a 2015 (W) coin. Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for the help!!!

The ORourke Collection

• Administrator

Thanks for the inquiry.

Coins with (W) or (S) on the label are called, STRUCK AT WEST POINT and STRUCK AT SAN FRANCISCO coins. They are considered varieties, so they belong in the slot for the year in the set below.

Set Name: Silver Eagles, 1986-Date, Mint State

Only coins with a W on the label or an S printed on the label go into a W or S slot in this set, above. These are coins that came to us still contained in the unopened mint packaging for grading.

If you are looking for a Registry Set that would allow you to display all varieties of your Eagles separately, you will want to create a set that "Includes Varieties" as shown here:

Silver Eagles, 1986-Date, Mint State (Incl. Varieties)

Silver Eagles, 1986-Date, Proofs (Incl. Varieties)

Silver Eagles, 1986-Date, Mint State and Proof (Incl. Varieties)