• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jefferson Nickel GTG - Updated Photos

14 posts in this topic

I don't usually dabble in moderns, but this coin is conditionally scarce with full steps that are all there in hand. What would you all grade the piece? Sorry in advance that my images stink a bit - I was forced to use my iPad.

New Images:

New%20Obv._zpsmyb8mp7j.pngNew%20Rev._zps2xifyhot.png

I could totally just be seeing it wrong, but it looks like possible rub on high points, which would make it a AU58 if so.

The holder says "MS" -- maybe you missed that part? lol

I could totally just be seeing it wrong, but it looks like possible rub on high points, which would make it a AU58 if so.

It is my sucky photography and lighting. I usually send stuff to Shane to photograph for me, but I just purchased this.

Edited: I'll try again tomorrow to see if I can do better. I need to break down and buy a DSLR. Thanks to those that have responded.

Unfortunately neither reverse photo gives us a good view of the all-important steps. From the larger photo it looks like there is "slick" spot on the steps below the third column, but things are a little blurry to confirm that.

The holder says "MS" -- maybe you missed that part? lol

Or, maybe I didn't. lol.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time Ive seen it.

Sorry for the delay in posting these. This is the best I am going to be able to get with my large iPad blocking the light source. Does your opinion change (negatively or positively)?:

New%20Obv._zpsmyb8mp7j.pngNew%20Rev._zps2xifyhot.png

Unfortunately, not really any better. Based on further review, I'd lean toward 63 instead of 64, as there seems to be a lot of chatter. Impossible to tell anything about the steps from those images.