• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Online submission forms

6 posts in this topic

I just went through the process of filling out an online submission when I was stopped dead in my tracks at 15 lines (turns out, this was also 15 coins for me). I don't really understand why the online form should have fewer lines than the paper form (which has 20). Moreover, it seems like the online form should have more lines than the paper form, as there is no physical constraint to the length of the form, as there is with a piece of paper. This is important, especially when considering the cost of shipping. (It so happens at this time I had 16 coins to submit. I bailed on the process after reaching the 15 line limit. I was stuck with one extra coin that I would have had to bup up a tier (to earlybird) to have graded by itself, thus increasing my costs both on grading and shipping. Ridiculous.) I simply do not see having an online form limited to so few lines. 50 lines would seem like a much more reasonable limitation.

Hoot

• Administrator

Hi Hoot.

I am sorry you ran into a problem on the online form. I am not sure why the form was originally built to accomodate a submission of only 15 coins but I will definitely look into expanding that number immediately.

If you ever have a problem like this in the future (or still want to submit that 16th coin without being charged the Earlybird fee) please just contact me by pm here at the boards or at my email address dskeffington@ngccoin.com and we will get it straightened out.

Dena

Dena,

On a related note, It would also be nice if an order could be created without having to submit it. That is, creating an order and having the facility to pull it up, add to it or edit it before finally submitting it. I know that there have been times that I have submitted an order and made new purchases before I mailed it. The way it is now, I have to wait to submit the new purchases until I fill the minimum tier requirement for submitting a new order. I hope this makes sense!

Andy laugh.gif

Would it be possible to fill out a second form and simply send all the coins in a single shipment? I know you can do this with the paper forms because you have to use different invoices for different services.

Beijim

While we're on the subject of the online submission form (the worst part of NGC without a doubt):

I went thru the process of filling everything in. Then I'm greeted with:

"There was an error processing your request. The error number was 13.

Type mismatch"

Now, I'm sure that means something to someone, but to me it means that my 15 minutes of work is gone and I have to start over. frown.gif

It also means that these ~35 coins might just be finding their way to Newport Beach tomorrow if I can't get the form to work. I love NGC, but this online submission form is really testing me. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

We NEED the ability to download submission forms. I'd also love the ability to enter submission information and have it stored for later use.

• Administrator

Thank you all for your suggestions on how we can improve our online submission process.

Clearly we need to rebuild this functionality and will do so.