• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's See Your SLQ's

32 posts in this topic

Coin arrived and I took my image of it which is far inferior to the sellers. Please post your SLQ's.

:)

1917D_SLQ_Combo2.jpg

My Image

TomB2_722_H1917DP58O_COMBO3.jpg

Sellers Image

To me, this design is rather unique and an incredible part of the US coin renaissance of the early 20th Century. It's too bad it suffered from the same strike problems that plagued many other issues of the day (Peace, Walker, Buffalo). When fully detailed, as in the 1917 below, it's an incredibly beautiful coin. The 1930-S is nice too, with an aged, layered patina. These are the only ones I have, from my 20th Century type set:

1917-25c-MS66FH-up_zps382d1ed5.jpg

1930s-25c-MS66FH-up_zps1125188c.jpg

The master dies for 1917 Type 1 and 1917 Type 2 were made differently. That accounts for the mushy-look to the Type 2.

Since the last two SLQ's are the 24-D and the 24-S and since I own one more SLQ that I didn't post, I'll post this 1924 MS-63 from my 20th Century Type Set. This completes the year set for 1924 unless I missed another 24 from this thread. :grin:

1042713_Full_Obv.jpg1042713_Full_Rev.jpg

Gary

Since these don't come in prooflike condition, I'm not quite sure yet how I'm going to address that situation. I'm thinking instead of a PL coin for my type set, I might go with a 65 or 66 FH with awesome luster and fantastic toning (most likely with a star). But, I haven't gotten it yet.