• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on the toning of this 1982 Kennedy

9 posts in this topic

I really love the toning of this Kennedy. I had some trouble getting the light to hit it to show the gold coloring of the coin. Do you think it would receive a start if sent in for designation review? I wouldn't send it in by itself for the designation review, but if sent some other stuff in to get graded I might consider letting it tag along. Let me know what you thing.

Thanks,

Matthew

http://s1309.photobucket.com/user/mattcorbett2003/media/rsz_img_3004_zpsd4a51c23.jpg.html

I agree with all of what has been said above.

1. This type of toning often occurs in original mint packaging.

2. The toning is not dramatic enough for a star, and premium, if any, will be limited. If sold on eBay, you might see a nominal premium. Shane has had some successes with coins like this.

3. I also agree that the coin is not worth submitting.

I have graded plenty of modern Kennedys, many with rich vibrant toning, Not to say it isn't nice looking in its own way, I would say that coin has a very very minimal if not zero percent chance at getting a star... nice looking coin though

It's ice because it's evenly toned. It will never get a star as only one color. The coin is not worth the grading fees by a very long measure. Enjoy it for what it is.