• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Help with a $20 gold coin

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I was given a St Gaudens $20 gold coin. The obverse is dated 1933 with a "G" under the date. the reverse has "copy # LS0039". I have been trying to find information on this coin, when it was "copied" and its worth. Do any of you know about this and can help me out? thanks, I really appreciate it.

Wil

It has no value except what it is worth to you (warm fuzzy feeling?). The last one I got was won at a club raffle and I threw it out my car window into a snow bank where some sucker will think they have found something really valuable when the snow melts. There are a lot of these for sale for a few bucks in the counterfeit section on ebay with the "rare" fake currency and the 1849 double eagles.

Sorry, Wil.

It's not a coin. It's just a cheap replica. If it is gold plated it's worth a few cents, but no gold dealer will bother with it.