• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The good, the bad and the ugly!

7 posts in this topic

In the spirit of sharing photos, I dug out the Dasco albums, and decided to post some photos of some Morgans, the first one is a good one, a nice 1885. The second one is the bad one, my 1892-CC (AG-3 on a good day, more like a P-01!), and the last is perhaps the ugliest 1904-S I have ever seen!

good1.jpg

good2.jpg

bad1.jpg

bad2.jpg

ugly1.jpg

ugly2.jpg

But Joe, I thought people would be swooning for original toning like that 1904! As for braddick, I've probably got a few in that album that he would love, but there is always the gamble in getting them slabbed, a loose grader might just disappoint him with an AG-02!

Outstanding Jeff... That 1904 has what I like to call "eraser toning." That's the toning that a silver coin gets over time after having been polished with a pencil eraser. My dad used to do it a lot blush.gifblush.giflaugh.gif !

Hoot