• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael's latest monster!!!

7 posts in this topic

Below is Michael's post that I have totally stolen from the PCGS boards! I couldn't help it - I had one of EVP's physical reactions to this coin!

The Coin!

this coin currently makes its home in an NGC satin proof67 holder and has no hairlines or marks of any kind on the coin! a fully original toned coin with color not usually seen! this coin is nothing short of amazing a major exception to the rule of how these coins usually come!!

the only reason this coin is not in a 68 holder is because of the light fly specks in the fields. in person with a 5x glass the fly specks are barely seen! but with a fully original toned coin like this mother nature takes her time and doesnot take requests!

of all the proof buffalo nickels i have ever seen i have only seen one other coin a brilliant 1936 with toning like this but just along the edges/rims of the coin.

this coin is much better looking in person. the toning is light to medium and there is a rainbow along the rims of this coin both sides!

if you go to the **pcgs book of coin grading and counterfeit detection**

and see the color photo section and see the rainbow toned rim of the 36 brilliant proof buff nick this satin coin has the same rims!

as with most all satin proof buffalo nickels of 1936 this coin is prooflike and this highlights the colors. i guess it is hard for me to describe a satin proof but if you know what you are looking at you can see this immediately

again this coin needs to be seen in person! now usually the satin proofs have likei said above prooflike surfaces that roll off the surfaces of the coin with a certain sheen to the surfaces like satin sheets.

the colors blanket the surfaces evenly on both sides of this coin in a light to medium toning of rose red turquoise blue/green golden/yellow

orange violet and maroon.

i have examined this coin personally and this coin currently resides in an eastern collection the above comments are my own thoughts on this coin

sincerely michael