• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this Coin artificially toned????

35 posts in this topic

The coin doctor did a masterful job on the piece. The use of vivid colors and perfect rings on both sides. The details on the reverse are in the spotlight with a golden hue, and a lot of thought went into hi-lighting the breasts to add a pleasing appearance. If you can get this coin in a slab, you have a winner.

It may have been a little better if you had started your opinion with " I think...". ;):whee:

It may have been a little better if you had started your opinion with "It would have been a little better..." :devil:

Black's Law...May is permissive and expansive; Would is conclusive and not expansive.. :whee:

And that is why I wrote what I did. ;)

I dont know but I do know its worth the $20 to take a shot at grading...

I know nothing about toning on these coins so I cant offer anything helpful other than PCGS is more lax on color when it comes to US coins, I have no idea about foreign coins and their grading.

Send it in and see what happens. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Very pretty coin though.

The coin doctor did a masterful job on the piece. The use of vivid colors and perfect rings on both sides. The details on the reverse are in the spotlight with a golden hue, and a lot of thought went into hi-lighting the breasts to add a pleasing appearance. If you can get this coin in a slab, you have a winner.

It may have been a little better if you had started your opinion with " I think...". ;):whee:

It may have been a little better if you had started your opinion with "It would have been a little better..." :devil:

Black's Law...May is permissive and expansive; Would is conclusive and not expansive.. :whee:

And that is why I wrote what I did. ;)

Wondered if you would catch on...I am a sort of non-committed guy, a little less....how should I put it....conclusive of intent. Yep, that will work; I am a non-conclusive person. I may be conclusive in the future, and that would be a goal. :baiting::banana:

Thanks as usual for the stimulation. :foryou:

Here is one in a PCI slab, which tones many types of coins many types of colors. I consider that NT and not AT, as it takes years to develop and was not intended.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gorgeous-1987-Silver-Libertad-Proof-1-Onza-with-Major-toning-/221628221194?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item339a12470a&nma=true&si=cN0RFA5NZE%252Ft%252F%252Fm2VgKJjEYzLe8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

$_12.JPG