• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice "homeless coin" from TDN

18 posts in this topic

TradeDollarNut (Bruce Morlan) has posted a very nice little coin at this URL. The coin is worth more than most of our homes -- including the family cat and mother-in-law.

Homeless Coin

I like the coin very much and wish I had enough disposable income to purchase it. With that said, if I had that much money, I would probably donate much of it to charity rather than buying luxury items with it.

"Wait, you can trade a mother-in-law for other stuff????? "

Try Craig's List -- they'll take anything.

Those are nice pictures of the coin. Hard to know what it actually looks like when it hasn't been "glorified" by the PCGS glamour shots photographer. Nonetheless, the details are amazing.

And for the record, it's spelled Morelan.

"Morelan" "Morelan" "Morelan" -- OK, yeah, I think I got it... Morlen, uhhhh...Merlin...uh...hold on while I try again.....M - O - R - E - L - E - N ...yeah...ok, got it....Can you spell that again? My hearing aid just went out.....

;)

Thanks for putting a negative twist to a beautiful coin.

Er, negative twist? Which post? I thought it was all in good jest and humor what Rog posted. But if I am wrong, please elaborate.

Best, HT

Thanks for putting a negative twist to a beautiful coin.

Er, negative twist? Which post? I thought it was all in good jest and humor what Rog posted. But if I am wrong, please elaborate.

Best, HT

I think it is in reference to Mr. Henway invoking the hero of the wonderful world of MAD Magazine...Alfred E. (Newman/Neuman/Numin/Numan...etc.).

Mr. Ankur has just proven Red correct "...If we all live long enough, we will see an example of depreciation of humor in favor of appreciation of $....".

Someone can check the details, but I recall several hundred 1796 quarters were in the hoard -- accounting for nearly all of the uncirculated pieces known today.

PS: Newman had to buy large groups of coins. He was not allowed to pick only what he wanted. Burdette Johnson then had to sell most of them.