• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a Toned 1934 Peace $ (any mint)

17 posts in this topic

1934-S are almost impossible to find with colorful toning. Ive only come across one in 15 years. Ive seen 2-3 that were way out of my budget though. I think one was an MS65 and the other MS66 and both were in Heritage. I have to see if I can find them.

ephgZUjl.jpg

Reverse has light rim color gold, blue, yellow that isn't as nice nor does it creep into the fields as much as the obverse. Might be the nicest tone 1934-D Peace I've ever seen. I no longer own it.

Too bad I was about to make an offer ! Nice rainbow rims. Thats only the 4/5th truly toned 34-D Ive seen.

My original posted 1934 arrived today... and Im happy to say its much nicer in hand. There's a lot of luster under the color that doesnt show in the photos that makes the color pop with the coin in hand...

Nice coins everyone... thanks for posting.

Keep'em coming. The better dates are hard to find toned !

That is a very nice toner, jerseycat. It's not the neon that pops, but that toning has a very original look to it that I can totally appreciate, especially for the date. I am a toning aficionado. I have been lurking here for almost 7 years. This topic has brought me out. OP coin is very nice considering the date.