• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Year of the rat ,1996 5oz

12 posts in this topic

The rats from whom you purchased the medal should be able to sell you a new plastic capsule.

I'm not sure why such a flippant answer to a new person, particularly since there was no mention where it was purchased (obviously not a new release so could have easily been purchased from a fellow collector, in which case, it is very doubtful that the person could sell them a new plastic capsule).

Certainly not enough info to call the seller a "rat"....which is derogatory and I don't find humorous at all.

Steve - welcome aboard the forum.

I would suggest someplace like Wizard Coin Supply This link goes there and possibly to a capsule you could use..... or even ebay if you know the size.

There are other supply places, and likely someone will mention others. I haven't purchased supplies in awhile, so just posting the one I am most currently familiar with.

Thank you it is a 70 mm 5 oz coin, it is a twist off type capsule. First time I have seen this year of the rat , it is pretty. Was helping a friend out in need of money so I bought them, and a bunch of panda also. Still learning by what I have found out only 1000 made in 1996

imagejpg1_zps5b6940e2.jpg <a  href=imagejpg2_zps5be8f3f7.jpg' alt='imagejpg

SteveZ - Which of the designs do you have? Why not post a couple of photos?

Bochiman - You are reading more into the comment than is there.

A quick rat search reveals these carry a rather healthy premium in 69 as there are just a handful graded.

70mm threaded (twist off) would probably be specially made for that size. It is possible someone somewhere might be selling an empty capsule on the bay of e.

I was able to buy a 70 mm holder, coin looks great, still having problems uploading pics to this site. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I uploaded to photobucket but I'm lost as to put the right path , any help would be nice, thanks
There's codes under the pic in your photobucket album. Copy (the last one I believe) and paste it into your post.

In the 'Share Links' on the right hand side of the Photobucket page of the image loaded, hover over the 'IMG' link and left click. This should turn yellow and indicate it's been 'copied'. (note, it will not copy until the quirky Photobook puts brackets around the image url, so it might take some trying)

Come here, right click, paste and there you go.

Good luck.

.....An alternative method is to print several hundred paper copies of the photo, then visit every member who looked at your post. Once admitted to their homes, paste the photo on the computer monitor screen.