• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Abraham Lincoln double knee coin

12 posts in this topic

I can no longer find the information. I will have to do more research on the internet. I think it was a cherry pickers forum. I just cant find it anymore , I will keep looking. I thought someone in the forum would know of it..

A quick Google search produced this link here-

http://doubleddie.com/203990.html

It's about half-way down the page. I don't think there would be much interest in this type of doubling since you would need a strong magnifier or microscope to view the doubling.

I agree. These type of minor doubling issues are for those interested in this kind of stuff. Very very seldom do they ever bring a premium value. Not even worth looking for in my opinion.

Deerefan, you are absolutely right. I found a 15x loupe and that was when I found the Lincoln double knee cent. It cant be seen with a 10x and I was wondering if it was really worth the effort.

I found the cent by accident. I was searching through a box and found the 15x and there was a coin right in reach. I picked up the cent which is 1996 and looked at it through the 15x and that was when I saw the different in his right knee. I tested it with both loupe, only the 15x shows the knee error. As far as I know the Lincoln resource link only supports the 1996 wide AM and there isn't anything about the knee error. So if anyone want to look at the error you need more than 10x to clearly see it. I was excited just to see the error...

Thanks for the info..

Woody, the 1996 cent I found actually shows up on the right knee....I was surprised it was a 1996 cent.. amazing to see it. I understand the guys excitement over a coin......

that would be the left knee...I don't know how it's determine by looking at a coin, which side is the right and which is the left. I guess a good way would be opposite side