• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 coin and chronicle Franklin Roosevelt set

9 posts in this topic

The set seems to be very pricey to me. All you get is the FDR dollar, which has a image that does not look like him, a Proof dime and couple of reduced size medals of the type that the mint sold for 50 cents apiece years ago packaged in a holder. Today they are asking three or four dollars for the medals.

I bought one of the Teddy Roosevelt sets last year and was a bit disappointed with it. The prime piece in that set was a reproduction of the medal that Barber and Morgan designed at the time of the 1905 presidential inauguration struck on an American Silver Eagle planchet. The piece was low relief on the reverse, and the piece I received had a minor milk spot, probably from the residue of the stuff the mint uses to clean planchets, on the obverse.

Ok...I'll bite.....Just why do you think "the flippers will scarf these up"?

The sets will, most likely, be available for months. The Teddy C&C only sold a tad over 15k...I just do not see these as high demand items.

(I did buy a couple but do not plan on making any money on them)