• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not able to post under WYNK forum

7 posts in this topic

...so I will ask it here. This is about a digital camera. What should I consider when purchasing a camera to post photos in a forum or online? I read that all digital cameras have macro settings. However is there a certain strength or capacity of the setting? What strength of magnification is needed, 3x 4x, etc.? One inexpensive camera I have read about from a forum is HP Photoshop M425 with macro setting. Yes, I guess most of you guys have figured out that I don't know what to buy or how to buy. I still cant find out from that forum if there is different setting to increase the size of the photo...Just needing some help in what the basics are and what I need. I am not asking for a particular camera choice but, what specifications do I need to look for.

Thanks

...so I will ask it here. This is about a digital camera. What should I consider when purchasing a camera to post photos in a forum or online? I read that all digital cameras have macro settings. However is there a certain strength or capacity of the setting? What strength of magnification is needed, 3x 4x, etc.? One inexpensive camera I have read about from a forum is HP Photoshop M425 with macro setting. Yes, I guess most of you guys have figured out that I don't know what to buy or how to buy. I still cant find out from that forum if there is different setting to increase the size of the photo...Just needing some help in what the basics are and what I need. I am not asking for a particular camera choice but, what specifications do I need to look for.

Thanks

You would probably receive a lot more more help if you let readers know in your thread title, what it is that you're trying to find out. Something like: Which cameras should I consider for coin photography?

You are right, unfortunately I will have to start another thread because I have a least one response and I cant delete this post...thank you
Aren't you able to edit the title of this thread?

Be sure to try any camera you are considering. Most non-SLR cameras will not hold focus throughout the zoom range of the macro setting - they focus at one zoom length only. This can severely hamper your attempts to take macro photos.

I am still using an ancient Nikon 995 because it holds focus in macro mode throughout its zoom range. This allows me to take closeups of small parts of the coin (e.g., dates).