• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Colloquial Term for this Kind of Error Set?

17 posts in this topic

I've seen a few sets of errors referred to as 'clock sets'...like this:

b5p4zk.jpg

Sometimes they are clipped, other times they are off-center strike errors. But it makes sense.

But is there a colloquial term for this kind of error set?

es0rxi.jpg

If not, care to make one up?

I've seen a few sets of errors referred to as 'clock sets'...like this:

b5p4zk.jpg

Sometimes they are clipped, other times they are off-center strike errors. But it makes sense.

But is there a colloquial term for this kind of error set?

es0rxi.jpg

If not, care to make one up?

OCD... :acclaim:

Here's another example of this kind of set on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10c-Roosevelt-Dimes-Off-Center-Mint-Errors-Lot-of-3-Coins-BU-H-632-/131169401717?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item1e8a4e3b75

Do you think I could get NGC to make a special holder to display a set like this?

Here's another example of this kind of set on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10c-Roosevelt-Dimes-Off-Center-Mint-Errors-Lot-of-3-Coins-BU-H-632-/131169401717?pt=Coins_US_Individual&hash=item1e8a4e3b75

Do you think I could get NGC to make a special holder to display a set like this?

The Chinese could make a special holder for you and then strike another 'improbable' error like that for you to stick in there.

Chris, where did you find those error coins?

"Are you talking to me?"........Danny DeVito

Chris

Danny DeVito?

Do you mean Robert Di Niro?

From my favorite movie of all-time...Taxi Driver (1976)

They are both on eBay. I listed the pennies and originally wanted to know what I should call it. The dimes are someone else's listing.
The seller who listed the dimes called them "Off-Center Mint Errors". That seems like a reasonable term to use.

Chris

Danny DeVito?

Danny also used that line, but I can't remember the name of the movie. I've always liked Danny even though he is so tall.

Chris

Chris

Danny DeVito?

Danny also used that line, but I can't remember the name of the movie. I've always liked Danny even though he is so tall.

Chris

He's amazing in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. He wasn't part of the original 1st season. But now he's no doubt my favorite character on the show.

Chris

Danny DeVito?

Chris

He's amazing in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. He wasn't part of the original 1st season. But now he's no doubt my favorite character on the show.

Louie DePalma is my absolute favorite character played by DeVito, and "Angela's Theme" (from Taxi) on Bob James' Touchdown album is one of my favorite instrumentals.

Chris