• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking another step forward

2 posts in this topic

1935 was a good year!!

Well, here we are right before Christmas 2014 and I was gonna cool it for a while with my purchases, since I just picked up a nice 42-S & a 41-S both in MS 65 OGHs for my date set.

I punched up my normal 'honey-hole' sites and there she was staring me RIGHT in the face. The sharpest MS 65 35-D that I've seen in almost ANY grade and in a 'rattler' with a green bean no less. I was hoping to slip in and get her for around retail (maybe even less? HA!) but WHO was I kidding??!! The day the auction ended---the current bid was rather high and I didn't know what the high bidder's max was, so I threw in a bid just one increment higher than the current bid and fully expected to be outbid but low and behold----I won! I was satisfied, as I paid about 300 above retail, which ain't too bad. It is funny, as we can go a whole year (or longer) without seeing a good coin and then other times we may see 2-3 right in a row.

This is a RARE coin in this grade and with this strike. Even at the 66 level----she's a tough coin and NO superb gem 67s are known!!! Meet my newest!!

P.S. I have found myself becoming more and more of a collector who appreciates these old slabs (both PCGS AND NGC)----just as long as the coin inside is nice too. This one is FRESH to the market and has NOT appeared in any major auctions----I have concluded through my research.

16185.jpg35d65rattr_zps9ad401a6.jpg

See more journals by JWalkers