• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"O" No!

15 posts in this topic

I submitted a bunch of Roosevelt dimes to NGC at the Baltimore show a few weekends ago. After the order was processed, I noticed a mistake in the order tracking...

2rohr4k.png

Certainly there were no Roosevelt dimes made at the New Orleans Mint. I called NGC as soon as I noticed the mistake, which was a few days after I submitted the coins at the show. They said that they'd let someone know about the mistake. But my invoice in collector tracking still has the dime listed with the O mintmark.

Should I call them again to make sure the mistake was fixed? Or are the invoices in collector tracking something that can't be changed? Do you think this is a mistake they'll see on their own?

It is probably my fault. My handwriting is terrible. I can easily image someone seeing my handwritten D as an O.

A few years ago, I submitted some medals to NGC for grading, and I noticed an error in the online tracking. Two of the medals were the "350th Anniversary of the Founding of Santa Fe". The online tracking indicated that they were the "250th Anniversary". I called NGC to alert them and was assured by the customer service rep that it would certainly be caught and corrected. It wasn't.

My advice? Call NGC and insist that it be corrected BEFORE you get the coin back with the error on the insert. I realize that mistakes can happen, but don't assume that it will be caught before it is shipped back to you.

Chris

The New Orleans Mint was secretly opened in 1957 for production of dimes in anticipation of a coin shortage four years in the future. These dimes had an invisible mintmark that NGC's advanced modern technology has made visible - to the graders who wear special glasses and have secret mintmark decoder rings.

The New Orleans Mint was secretly opened in 1957 for production of dimes in anticipation of a coin shortage four years in the future. These dimes had an invisible mintmark that NGC's advanced modern technology has made visible - to the graders who wear special glasses and have secret mintmark decoder rings.

Were the Freemasons involved?

vpbtx5.jpg

Yes, the all-seeing eye has been used by the Freemasons. But it is originally the Eye of Horus. My guess is that the Egyptians say it as a symbol of the Sun.

"Mr. Smith Guesser" is an anagram. I challenge you to figure out its meaning. Most of the online anagram solvers can't figure it out. There's only one that I know of that gets it right. Clues to the answer are in the symbol I've created with the all-seeing eye surrounded by the nine-pointed star.

Ill trade it for my 1933 D Double Eagle muah hahaha.

How about a 1993 gold 3 cent piece minted at the Anchorage Mint?

Throw in a 1913 W Liberty Nickel and its a deal. :insane:

I thought "O" was for the Orlando mint.