• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your thoughts on these CC Morgans

7 posts in this topic

I am new at this but I would like to put in my guess before those in the know do. To see if I am off base.

http://www.coinstudy.com/morgan-silver-dollar-values.html This site is what I am largely basing my opinion on.

I believe even with the denting the 1890 has good lines and comes in at the bottom of "good". On ebay these do seem to bounce around the upper $20's in better condition so I believe low $20's?

That 1893cc must be a desirable coin! IMHO (and uneducated) opinion it is on the plus end of fine. I base this on the eye detail left and the slight loss of detail on the flowers above the ear. Fine says $238, Extremely Fine $1174. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! So I have no clue on the value but it might be worth grading.

Now to let the others educate me.

1890 CC: 75-95 range

1893 CC: This one is much tougher, strange discoloration around the coin, looks like some pitting on the cheek?, anyway I would say low end $200.

1893 CC: This one is much tougher, strange discoloration around the coin, looks like some pitting on the cheek?, anyway I would say low end $200.

I have refrained from commenting on this thread because I don't regularly trade Morgan Dollars in circulated grades, but this poster's valuation sounds reasonable to me. If anything, I could see the 1893 CC selling for a bit more, maybe $50 or so more on a good day for whatever it is worth.

I have refrained from commenting on this thread because I don't regularly trade Morgan Dollars in circulated grades, but this poster's valuation sounds reasonable to me. If anything, I could see the 1893 CC selling for a bit more, maybe $50 or so more on a good day for whatever it is worth.

I should clarify on the 93CC, by low end $200 I meant I can't see it going for less than $200 with some possible upside. With the pictures provided it's just very difficult to guess what the coin really looks like as far as the surfaces go.

Thanks for the comments guys. These are not my coins. A lady called me, wanting to know the value of her coins. These were the only two that were not junk silver. I initially told her that I considered the 90 to be a $50 coin and the 93 a $100 coin. After rethinking my position I told her a few days ago that the 93 would be a $200 coin and no change on the 90. Now that I have received more comments I feel more comfortable about my pricing.

Thanks for the comments guys.