• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm A Little Disappointed in The New NGC World Services

2 posts in this topic

The Good: NGC now has a low value tier for world coins ($11 for coins under $300). This is better than just allowing world coins to be submitted under the modern service level. The 10 business day turnaround time is great. A lot better than having to wait 30 business days had you allowed modern foreign coins to be submitted under the modern service.

The Bad: No express service for world coins unless you choose the $125 Walk-Thru service. Not that I would be one to use it, but it would be nice to have something cheaper than the Walk-Thru, but faster than the Standard Service. I also dislike the 5 coin minimum for the "Value Tier". For those of us who don't do much with foreign coins, it can take a while to save up 5 coins. Seriously! Probably sounds lame, but many of us who deal/collect mainly in US coins don't get than many foreign coins in that we need certified and it wouldn't be cost efficient to use the higher priced service level.

The Ugly: No longer allowing a mixture of World & US coins on the same invoice. I know that John Maben told me that it slows down the entire invoice since Ken Krah needs to examine all the foreign coins, but I thought this was a selling point. I hate the fact that I must have different invoices for world and US coins. It just raises the shipping costs for me. It's one of the reasons why I generally don't submit world coins to PCGS. ANACS used to get a bunch of my submissions for the very fact that I could mix coins on the invoice. Then I sent a few to NGC because of this and I liked it. I've got a few that were going to be dropped off at Long Beach, but now I don't know... frown.gif