• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Okay who's making candles with coins in them....

19 posts in this topic

Dumb idea. There's a possibility of a broken tooth or swallowing it with subsequent choking to death. I wonder if they're labeled with a "choking hazard" warning on the packaging.

I bet that you didn't know this about the Ball Corporation...

The Ball Corporation, famous for their jars like those in the eBay item, has a wholly-owned aerospace and technology subsidiary: www.ballaerospace.com

Among their products has been software called Opticks, which generates geographic information from satellite and airborne sensor data and was developed for the United States Intelligence Community, whose members include the NSA and CIA.

Opticks wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opticks_%28software%29

Most of the business conducted by Ball Aerospace, however, seems to be focused on space exploration.

Dumb idea. There's a possibility of a broken tooth or swallowing it with subsequent choking to death. I wonder if they're labeled with a "choking hazard" warning on the packaging.

Who's going to eat candle wax?

Regarding OP: I'm sure someone will buy these thinking they'll make a nice gift for the coin collecting husband/boyfriend/friend, but any collector interested in the hobby will stay clear.

I can't believe they said this: "Candle contains a GENUINE US SILVER COLLECTIBLE COIN, could be anything from circulated 1964 & prior DIME to a BRILLIANT UNCIRCULATED DOLLAR".

I can see heavily circulated coins being in them, but a BU dollar? :facepalm:

The Ball Corporation (Ball Zinc Products Div) was also the manufacturer of all of the copper plated zinc cent planchets from 1982 to 1993. In 1993 Ball Zinc was spun off and became Jarden Corporation and has continued supplying Cu plated Zinc planchets to the mint.

The Ball Corporation (Ball Zinc Products Div) was also the manufacturer of all of the copper plated zinc cent planchets from 1982 to 1993. In 1993 Ball Zinc was spun off and became Jarden Corporation and has continued supplying Cu plated Zinc planchets to the mint.

Wow! I didn't know that. I did some research on the Ball brothers for a paper I wrote in college that focused on some of the more overlooked American industrialists of the late 19th and early 20th century. The Ball corporation originally went into the aerospace industry (in 1956) to take part in the space race.

Silver Coin Candles just in time for the Holidays....

Like it dont like ? Stupid ? Great way to get your wife into coins ?

Personally, I like it. And I will probably buy a few as numismatic gifts for women! lol

You're guranateed a U.S. Silver coin in the candle, so the Presidential dollar wouldn't be an option.

oops, my error. I just read the collectable coin part. I see now that it is guaranteed to be silver. So

worn out dime it is.

This would be a great place to unload some cleaned coins.

oops, my error. I just read the collectable coin part. I see now that it is guaranteed to be silver. So

worn out dime it is.

This would be a great place to unload some cleaned coins.

My thoughts exactly. Well worn and cleaned!

Sorry. I read "candies" in the title. My eyesight isn't as good as it used to be.

Sorry. I read "candies" in the title. My eyesight isn't as good as it used to be.

No worries. Mine is getting worse too. I now have reading glasses...ugh!