• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dansco Collectors -- Adding New JFKs to Set

11 posts in this topic

Were they issued for normal circulation? Did you pay face value?

If "Yes" to both, then they are part of a normal set. If not, they are commemoratives or some sort of special pick-the-pocket-piece.

They are kennedy half dollars and would be required for full set. However many only collect MS or Proof.

They are included in the registry sets. Because of cost I doubt that many will include a gold kennedy in their sets. I have included the 6 high relief coins in the sets for my grand children.

Were they issued for normal circulation? Did you pay face value?

If "Yes" to both, then they are part of a normal set. If not, they are commemoratives or some sort of special pick-the-pocket-piece.

Huh?

Roger your logic eludes me since the Proof Versions of the coins are included in Dansco Sets. Even the Silver Proofs and SMS coins are considered part of the Collection and the last time I checked these weren't available at face value.

Should these coins be added to the JFK Dansco Album in order to have a complete set ? Or are they more commems and dont belong in the normal Unc and Proof set ?
Yes. I believe they should since these are not "Congressionally Authorized" coins. There are special releases to celebrate the Anniversary of the Kennedy Half Dollar.

They are the same size as the standard half dollar and even have the same metallic content.

Matter of fact, the only coin which is actually different is the Gold Version of the coin with the Dual Date but then the BiCentennial Coins have a Dual Date. Whats the difference?

I plan on putting mine into my Dansco Collection since, IMO, its not a complete set without them.

Again, these are not Commemoratives. They are Anniversary Coins minting to commemorate the US Treasury Departments issuance of the Kennedy Half Dollar.

Does the Dansco have a spot for the 1998-S Matte Proof?

I also like Whitman and Littleton albums...

I did not see one when I just checked online but then, it doesn't matter to me whether they do or not since I only used "blank" half dollar pages for my Dansco Sets.

Yes. I believe they should since these are not "Congressionally Authorized" coins. There are special releases to celebrate the Anniversary of the Kennedy Half Dollar.

They are the same size as the standard half dollar and even have the same metallic content.

Matter of fact, the only coin which is actually different is the Gold Version of the coin with the Dual Date but then the BiCentennial Coins have a Dual Date. Whats the difference?

I plan on putting mine into my Dansco Collection since, IMO, its not a complete set without them.

Again, these are not Commemoratives. They are Anniversary Coins minting to commemorate the US Treasury Departments issuance of the Kennedy Half Dollar.

Cant argue with that reasoning. I am sold. I dont know about the gold issue, its bit pricey, but I am definitely going to add the special issues including the SMS. I will probably add the gold issue if gold drops to under $1000. Thank you for your well reasoned thoughts. Thats what I was looking for.