• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin jumped 26.88% after no movement for years.

11 posts in this topic

I have noticed over the past few weeks that my values have increased but, I have not broken down the increase coin-by-coin. I just figured that finally someone has updated coins that were not valued when I listed them. i.e. such as my 2012-14 coins.

Also, without checking, the possibility of gold and silver values had something to do with the changes.

Just keep in mind... what goes up must come down. In time, however, I hope your values (and us other collectors) remain on the up side of prices.

Congratulations on your increase. . . your Lincoln looks pretty nice.

Semper Fi ! :golfclap:

Jack

Some prices increased, but the value did not.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

I believe that prices AND value have gone up.

I spoke to a some dealers, at a show recently, who mentioned this, also. They are charging more, now, for many different issues.

I too have noticed that NGC has adjusted values as well registry scoring. In general I have seen a healthy increase in coins that are more rare, popular or coveted. I meticuously track my inventory with the My Collection tool as well as MS Excel. After collecting for a few years below are the results. The percentages represent the gain (difference) between published value and my original cost basis. Look at those Franklins! I think Franklins are the next hot ticket in the numismatic world both proof and MS. Definitely one of my favorite sets.

Gold Type Set 12.19%

Proof Gold Buffalo Set 10.14%

1994 Gold Eagle Proof Set 15.77%

Lady Liberty Set 24.66%

Trade Dollar Set 5.51%

Morgan Dollar Set 6.80%

Franklin Proof Set 34.75%

1956 Mint Set -29.27%

US Type Set 3.41%

Silver Eagle Set 24.61%

A large portion of my Lincolns went up in value. Around July or August i noticed a huge increase in some of my coins. Some increase more than 100%. I talked to NGC about this when I noticed and they explained to me that the new values reflected what the market was bringing in.

I saw a large jump in proof Washington quarters. Some coins more than doubled in FMV. Then a few weeks later on Heritage a 1954 25c NGC PF69UC sold for almost $13,000. A 1959 25c PF69UC sold for $9400. I'd have to say the "Values" are going upwards. That or our dollar is just worth that much less! :banana: