• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPAM?????

12 posts in this topic

I would think that the mods could be able to delete the thread if nobody posted to it. Even if one person posts "SPAM!", the thread remains there and the spammer has achieved at least one goal.

I know there are other sites that delete this crud even if someone has posted to it. Why can't the mods, here, do this?

Chris

I would think that the mods could be able to delete the thread if nobody posted to it. Even if one person posts "SPAM!", the thread remains there and the spammer has achieved at least one goal.

I know there are other sites that delete this crud even if someone has posted to it. Why can't the mods, here, do this?

Chris

NGC usually does.

They do delete them even after posts are made to them, Usually I see them appear early Sat and/or Sun morning, apparently when there are few or no moderators online. They usually disappear by early Mon morning. This week there have been some appearing at other times.

The problem with posting to those threads it it keeps them up at the top of the page where they have to chance to keep exposing more people to the spam. If you just hit notify at the bottom of the post to notify the moderator andv don't post to the thread. It will rapidly drop down and off the front page.

So by posting to the thread all you are doing is helping the spammer.

They do delete them even after posts are made to them, Usually I see them appear early Sat and/or Sun morning, apparently when there are few or no moderators online. They usually disappear by early Mon morning. This week there have been some appearing at other times.

The problem with posting to those threads it it keeps them up at the top of the page where they have to chance to keep exposing more people to the spam. If you just hit notify at the bottom of the post to notify the moderator andv don't post to the thread. It will rapidly drop down and off the front page.

I keep forgetting about that button. I never had a reason to use it. lol

I keep forgetting about that button. I never had a reason to use it. lol

I've come to that conclusion, Bobby. You always post to the spam threads. :roflmao:

Chris :devil: