• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

corious...anybody know what this is?

9 posts in this topic

I have searched and search and can't find any info about this coin. I know it isn't United States coin. Anyone know?

:D..well, I am catching on. I don't know why they are so large and all over the page...so sorry .... :(

150500.jpg.630e5b1a6b60e5cceae3f12dce03f0e3.jpg

150501.jpg.8faa678f766b826e5b1abf823b2924e7.jpg

Thank you but it isn't there. Sometimes when governments are overthrown the coin in used at the time is replaced. I don't know what happened here maybe someone know. thank you a lot for the info. I don't know what else I might find in this hoard of coins. ...Thanks a bunch...gee, I gonna have to learn a lot about posting, my pages are so ugly...

It's amazing what you can find if you just search the internet. You have greek coin, 2 apaxmai, pronounced Drachmai. In that condition you might be able to get $10 for it.

You have a Greek 2 Drachma coin from 1959. Greece adopted the Euro about 10-15 years ago and stopped using the Drachma as its currency.

It's made of copper-nickel; in that condition, its value is very nominal.

edited to add: If bsshog40 offers you $10 for that coin, take it. I see these in dealers' junk boxes ("four for a dollar") all the time.

You have a Greek 2 Drachma coin from 1959. Greece adopted the Euro about 10-15 years ago and stopped using the Drachma as its currency.

edited to add: If bsshog40 offers you $10 for that coin, take it. I see these in dealers' junk boxes ("four for a dollar") all the time.

Thanks for the extra info Dave. Wasn't sure what it was made of. My $10 worth probably just went lower. lol

I wasn't offering anything for it. lol. Just seen one on a site in uncirculated condition for $20.