• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin Photography and my newest toy. Well, sort of new.

6 posts in this topic

I love it!!

I enjoyed your site very much. Your "how-to" photos and instructions are very interesting and informative. Any one wanting to get involved with coin photography will want to give this setup serious consideration based on your results.

Not only do you have to consider the results, but the much smaller footprint on your desktop compared to traditional copy stand setups and cost savings of this new setup.

Well thank you Bob.

I was trying to get something similar to what you had presented as a reference in another thread and finally got around to just doing it.

The one area that I think many might find useful, if they are beginning to get some gear together, is that I was able to use the existing 18mm - 55mm lens and still obtain acceptable results. The bellows is not the kind that provides the electrical connection to the camera so I was shooting wide open and in Aperture priority mode, just as I do when using the other bellows and copy stand setup with the 105mm enlarger lens.

Just some ideas for other to save some money if on a budget. Otherwise I would recommend arranging for Ray to do all the work for you and be provided with a turn key setup minus camera.

Just some ideas for other to save some money if on a budget. Otherwise I would recommend arranging for Ray to do all the work for you and be provided with a turn key setup minus camera.

This option saves several hundred dollars with results equal to (if not better) than the copy stand / macro lens setup.

I have held on to my copy stand and 2 macro lenses, but I have only used them less than 5% of the time over a two year period. And that for comparative reasons.