• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

still trying to learn how to share photo

23 posts in this topic

my computer only has a resolution of 300 dpi. 500 to 600 dpi will not have a noticeable difference to the unaided eye. I have to go through this before I can understand what to do. I have been experiencing with cropping. I thought I would post a few steps here maybe some can help

1. click start up button 2. choose fax and scan 3. scan window open, dpi is 300, click preview, crop coin, no option to resize here, click scan, saved as jpeg, named file, saved as type jpeg. click save. tool at top of scan window allows me two option, scan routing or scan setting, scan routing allows to send scanned object or document by email or using a network folder..(I guess everyone know the purpose of that) From this point, don't know what to do..open up getpaint.net? (not as confusing as photobucket)

Thank you for reading this

I don't have a windows machine, but it looks like once you choose your computer for the file's destination you need to (according to your Manual):

Press the arrow buttons to select the resolution quality and the original image size. Press OK each time you make a selection.

Then press the start icon to start scanning.

It looks like it should scan only the coin.

If you don't have a manual here is the link:

Dell All in One

I have a manual and I understand there is an online manual for dell users. I don't think there is anything in there about photobucket and how to use it. The manual I have only explains how to use the scanner. I will take a second look at it though. Thanks for responding. I don't get it, how to use getpaint and photobucket. There isn't any instructions there

Photobucket is quite simple to use once you get the correct image on your computer.

Photobucket can and does do some adjustments, but you should really have everything in order before you are ready to upload the image into Photobucket.

I've never used the Paint program, but there are a few programs that can crop and straighten your photo before uploading.

The main thing is to get an acceptable image out of your scanner...........or get a camera.

Actually, on my part I scan the document (in this case the coin), save it in jpeg. okay, I know how to download it to the forum, but the photo is small, too small to be seen, even after I have resized it AFTER scanning and saving it. I don't know why it goes back to it original size. Why do they send it to photobucket, etc.? How do I send the scanned image of the coin to photo bucket,etc? I don't think most of the group understand my question. After I have scanned it, sized it, saved it, how do I get it to photobucket,etc?

If you told the scanner to save as jpg look in your photos and on photobucket there is a button that says UPLOAD click the button then menu will ask to upload from my computer select image you want to upload from your photos IE JPG file.

Photobucket and similar on-line repositories will store your images and automatically generate the correct HTML or XML code so they can be dropped into forums, email, documents, etc. This is very convenient. An image approx 500 pixels wide will display nicely on message boards.

On your scanner, preview the scan first, then use the scanner software crop tool to select only the coin in the preview. Then scan and save. Scanning at 300 or 600 dpi is usually all you need.

yes, I can see it. I don't know...my mind is almost entirely blank. I attempted to post a photo in the new topic screen...but I don't know where they are. File manager showed two photos...I don't see them...going to bed...too tired now

yes, I did that. it's automatically set at 300 dpi, at 600 it looks much smaller. What I have been doing is using both my program on my computer and get paint.com. I chose that over photobucket.. I am too tired now to even explain what I did...thank you for your help.

Don't give up. One of these days things will suddenly click. It really isn't as difficult as you think. Sometimes it's hard to visualize what people are telling you and how to apply it to your problem.

There is a Testing forum where you can attempt as many images as you want. You can also PM members for additional help.

I know...I post them mostly for testing to see if they will come through. I realize these are mostly men and know their way of thinking...No problems...Thanks for the heads up...have a blessed week...

I use imgur and this is how:

I like to arrange my windows so I can freely interact with everything. I have the folder on the left with my coin picture and my browser on the right with imgur loaded and logged in.

H31n1bdl.png

You can drag and drop the photos directly into the webpage like this:

SanCAfol.png

It will show that it is uploading:

drCzXZKl.png

After it is done copying, it will show you your image on the page:

qK8x7b7l.png

You can click on it for linking options:

Wiw9pbWl.png

I like to use Large Thumbnail so that it isn't obnoxious, so I clicked the link at the bottom and it changed it for me. You copy the BB Code from here:

eyamw38l.png

To here and hit preview or submit:

MtWTuknl.png

Here is a preview.

Ev7QmxOl.png

yep. the resizing should be done in photobucket, etc. before posting...I was doing it on the scanner window and expected it to show up like that. I took introduction computer in college, making poster, Microsoft word, cells, etc. but nothing about scanning and using photobucket, etc.