• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post A Rattler

26 posts in this topic

I don't have a rattler currently, and the last one I did have didnt rattle for long cause I cracked her out.

Curry just wanted to say that once again, you demonstrate your ability to find coins that are superior for the grade. You have some incredible talent for a young guy... I expect to see many many more coins like this from you in the future...

grats.

Chris.

I have been collecting Rattlers for 9 years now and have my set of them listed here:

RJP Rattler set

Click on "RJP's Sets and Showcases" to see other rattler sets I have worked on.

I can't seem to get a picture loaded anymore.

I have been collecting Rattlers for 9 years now and have my set of them listed here:

RJP Rattler set

Click on "RJP's Sets and Showcases" to see other rattler sets I have worked on.

I can't seem to get a picture loaded anymore.

I search rattler up and your collection is the first i see everytime. I would love to see it one day.

What is the significance, (if any) of a rattler?

They are the first PCGS slabs made from 1986-1989. They are smaller than all other PCGS slabs. They are being cracked and discarded at a fairly decent rate for upgrades, as the belief was that PCGS was more conservative back in the day, and because they are not cosmetically popular to some people.

bay%20bridge.jpg

Looks to be a definite upgrade coin and CAC Gold Bean.

Very nice!!

(thumbs u

One I used to own:

Img23298.jpg

In comparison the NGC "fatty" holder coins were just as conservatively graded without the problem coins in my experience as were sometimes in the PCGS rattler holders.

One example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-1C-Lincoln-Cent-RD-NGC-MS66-CAC-OH-/251620038620?rd=1

Funny thing, PCGS would not cross that coin, and probably did me a favor, I was thinking 66+, etc.