• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 50C GOLD AND CLAD NOT RECOGNIZED IN POP FOR FIRST RELEASES? WHY ?

9 posts in this topic

Well it is confirmed now by NGC that if you are expecting to see the populations for the following

2014 P Clad 50C Kennedy Half Dollar High Relief FIRST RELEASES SP "ASK NOT LABEL"

&

2014 D CLAD 50C Kennedy Half Dollar High Relief FIRST RELEASES SP "ASK NOT LABEL"

&

1964-2014 W 50C GOLD PF High Relief FIRST RELEASES "ASK NOT LABEL"

So if you are waiting to find out the population reports like me for these 2014 KENNEDY 50TH ANNIVERSARY HALF DOLLARS Clad and Gold they are bunched in with the POPULATION

with the EARLY RELEASES.

Why is this ? I inquired about this topic to the NGC REGISTRY via email and just today

October 8, 2014 and the reply I received was "Quote"

" We also do not break out FIRST RELEASE labels separately in the population report. They are included in the total number of coins graded for a particular type."

Then shortly after I made the call to NGC and spoke with someone else and they looked into it and I was told that both FIRST RELEASES and the EARLY RELEASES WILL be bunched together on the population reports.

In my opinion I do not think that this is fair because #1 we paid to have these labels and they should be recognized individualy to the public especially for accuracy. If NGC intended to have this mass of different labels for us to pay $$$ premium price (EXPRESS) tier where we had a choice to pick from EARLY RELEASES or FIRST RELEASES. We had to get these coins in by the cut off date and now I just can't believe this is extremely disappointing. I respectfully ask you NGC to correct and update this issue please. If I would have only known this was going to happen like this I would have not became a member in fact I became a member because I like the FIRST RELEASE LABEL. I was inspired and proud to own the DISNEY STEAMBOAT WILLE AND DONALD DUCK FROM THE COUNTRY NIUE with a Top Ranking Set and I do appreciate the fact that they are recognized in the NGC CENSUS AND COMPETITIVE SETS they have a really low population shown in the NGC census. WHY can we not have our UNITED STATES 1964-2014 W GOLD PF 50th ANNIVERSARY KENNEDY HALF DOLLAR COINS aleast recognized in OUR own country in the census ? I currently have the Top Ranking Set in 2nd place and how will we really know accurate numbers here if this isn't addressed ?

As well as the Clad ones as well ? If NGC plans on doing this with the 2014 Silver Kennedy coins that will be released soon by bunching the FIRST RELEASES AND EARLY RELEASES together then I'm sure many people will be upset just like me who paid $$$ to have the FIRST RELEASES for a reason and most people don't even know about this till now.

PLEASE IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO LEAVE ME A COMMENT ON THIS POST I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ALL OF YOU.

Today is OCTOBER 11, 2014 waiting but rushing for a response. Please at least let me know when you can. Thanks

• Administrator

GREEK MARINE,

First Releases have always been grouped with Early Releases. However, we are planning to separate these out within the census sometime this year. Thank you for your interest in NGC.

As someone who doesn't collect moderns (I don't want much made after the 1940s unless for the PM value), I read this post and thought "can this be serious?" Then I saw the Steamboat Willy and Donald Duck comments and realized this must be a joke. What are those, HSN collector's plates?

Seriously, if First Release and Early Release mean nothing even 3 months after the coins are released, collectors sure are not going to care 50 years from now. Don't waste your money falling for this artificial hype.

Hello Ali,

I just wanted to follow up with you on your reply about my question. Could you please add the First Releases on the 2014 W Gold 50th Anniversary Half Dollar NGC PF 70 in the census as you said they would be separated from the bunched in Early Releases by the end of the year and I don't see why it has not happend yet. There are not that many of them and it would be nice to see accuracy on the pop report. It doesn't make sense to me that all of the 2014 WSPD Silver First Releases are in the census pop report and I do appreciate that by the way. Could you please let me know. Thank you and Happy New Year.

CSdot I think you need to read what you posted on your comment about my post.

Everyone has there own opinion first of all. But you have no idea what you are talking about.

Even in your reply saying that quote - "As someone who doesn't collect modern coins" I'm pretty sure and it is obvious that you are not one of them as you expressing your jealous and insulting comments that you made about my post. Then you state that you don't want much made after the 1940's unless for the PM Value. I can respect that. Good for you CSdot. So you ask Yourself if my post is serious ? Are you kidding me ? Then you comment about my Disney coins and by the way it is Steamboat Willie not Steamboat Willy. Why do you think it is a joke CSdot ? Another jealous statement . To answer your question about being "can this be serious?" YES ! IN FACT IT IS CSdot. I have a few Top Rank competive sets here on NGC and very proud of my First Releases. NGC really needs to update the census and prove to these nasty rude comments made by these people about all the labels the Serious collectors have and paid top dollar for and still are not reconized other than insulting comments about The NGC First Releases.

I can't beleive your comment "What are those, HSN plates?" CSdot says Quote - "Don't waste your money falling for this artificial hype" my reply to you sir is you have no idea what you are talking about. Very jealous and insecure is what you are "Seriously" portraying yourself to even to predict the future in 50 years from now you mentioned. Well MR. NOSTRADAMUS WELCOME TO THE FUTURE. I am the new generation by the way in this coin collecting hobby.

My message to You:

1) CSdot -I did not appreciate your comments about my post. Very rude, jealous, hates what he/she can't afford or to cheap to buy these coins that I have and so on. You lack guidance.

2) NGC - Now you see the controversy about The First Releases. Please update the census

Price Guide needs to be updated and more accurate. Although over all NGC is great but could use some improvement.

3) EVERYONE ELSE - I hope that the old timers (Respectfully) can just stop except the new generation of this wonderful hobby and just buy whatever you want. I would not listen to CSdot's comments and advice.

The bottom line is no matter if the coin is graded or not the price of the coin is what someone is willing to pay for it.

I wish everyone a Happy New year in 2015 !

Thanks

• Administrator

Hello, GREEK MARINE.

Our programmers are still working on the population report updates. Thank you for your patience and for your interest in NGC.