• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

put on your grading hat

15 posts in this topic

I'd love to hear what the masses here would grade this coin.The pic is obviously a truview so if you want to cheat and see what they graded feel free but please give your opinion prior to doing that.

26733366_large_zps76456fbf.jpg

Technically VG-F but not a desirable coin.

I think its a hard to find original looking date. My wallet can only reach so far on this specific coin. Of course I'd prefer mint state. But I just can't afford it.

Giving your background I am glad you chimed in! I've wanted a nice 1802 for a while.... Think I found it!

Sorry, I wouldn't grade it 20 - that was my guess for an assigned grade. I'd grade it 10 or maybe 12.

Me thinks Mark has pulled the nail :-), though I still think he may have guessed it the first time. Don't keep us in suspense too much longer.

Regardless of the assigned grade, from what I can see, it appears to be quite pleasing.

Its a 15 and I love it at that grade! One of my favorite things about this tough date is the limited amount of MS examples. Its seems every date in this early series has a handful or more of just knockout pieces! Pieces that make yours look like a pile! Not the case here. PCGS has graded a hand full of MS and none graded higher than 62.

I was going to guess 15. I don't think it's original, looks stripped and retoned to me. Regardless, more than I could afford I'm sure and it's a pleasant coin.