• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Filing a Complaint with the IC3 coin related

24 posts in this topic

Just wondering about this. Did anybody ever filed a fraud complaint to IC3.

It is related to a coin I won on an auction site. I'm out about $150. Is it worth the hassle.

If intrested I can ad the name of the business, the auction site and the full story. Just wanted to hear everybody out if I should persue this.

Thank you for your time.

Oh....sorry, I'm kinda slow. Does it work if they wear polo shirts on weekends?

Seems you have to decide what to do to get your grievance settled.

I haven't but your individual case will not be handled at $150 until they have quite a few similar to yours and thousnds/millions involved...

Any other tips or ideas how to deal with it?

I haven't but your individual case will not be handled at $150 until they have quite a few similar to yours and thousnds/millions involved...

Any other tips or ideas how to deal with it?

How about providing some specific details?

The full story (in short), with names.

After having a very bad experience I wanted to take the time to warn you of a company selling coins online via biddingsite liveauctioneers. The company is called 3Kings Auction based in LA. They sell mostly juwellery, coins among othe things. I placed a bid on a coin and won it.

It was a modern Mexican NGC -70 coin. Nothing to high, old or expencive. I won it for $80.

However after that it all went downhill. I should have know after asking multiple times for an invoice. Once I got it I paid immediately but then the the horror started. I had to send multiple mail asking about my coin but it still took them 3 months to send it. They provided me a tracking nr so I was sure it would get here. However when the packet got here I opened it to find a PCGS-69 coin. So not what I won.

Of course I contacted them about this. The NGC-70 coin was no longer in there possession. They asked me to send the other on back for a full refund. I did this only days after I got the coin. That was around April 30th. (Give a day or two). I provided them with a tracking number.

Now I was down the $80 on the coin, plus postage to Belgium, import tax, and the postage registered mail back to the 3Kings Auction office. Total about $150) I asked for a refund, including postage, tax, and return postage. They promised me I would get it all when the coin got back to their office.

Well, it is now september and I still got nothing back. Their excuse is that they still didn't get the coin although it has stated it is waiting for pick up at the post office for months now!

They send excuse after excuse after excuse after.... Well, you know how it goes on.

I informed the platform they do their business on: liveauctioneers. When they reacted (after three mails) they contacted the auction house. They got the next excuse. The tracking number is not correct. Well, it is, as it was showing up months ago and 3kings even mailed me when they saw it was at the post office. (I have all mails from them) After months of waiting the online info is now gone and they use this as the new excuse for not making right.

Did you buy via a credit card? If you did and you haven't already done so, try a chargeback.

I agree with this. Also, if you used PayPal, you can initiate a dispute there as well. Also, alert the auction house and see if they have any meaningful leverage against the company. Sometimes auction houses have provisions that might allow them some power over a consignor or seller, including the ability to reverse transactions with pre-authorization to debit the seller's bank account, etc. I'm pretty sure eBay/PayPal have or had something to this effect.

Lastly, if the seller is a corporation, find out what state it is registered in and consider contacting the relevant regulatory agencies. Although this sounds like a civil contract dispute to me, some corporations will cave if you mention filing a complaint. I had success getting an elderly disabled veteran about $1200 using this tactic last year, where the company's practices were not wholesome. They refused a return until the veteran told them what he planned to do (on my advice). Granted in his case, fraud or constructive fraud was more conspicuous (as opposed to potentially being a negligent error and poor service), but many companies will do anything to prevent such complaints.

Ive had to deal with IC3 a few times. Dont expect much to happen quickly.

I met with them in regards to a situation in the US that targeted a lot of people, got a lot of national press coverage and was for all intents and purposes a horrible crime, and they told me and victims it would take 1-2 yrs to for an investigation for anything to happen.

IC3 is a bunch of FBI agents who are really just computer programers not real law enforcement officers.

Good luck and I agree with Mark about trying a charge back. Thats probably your best bet.

I guess my credit card provider is on my side. Can paypal still stop it?

We are working with your card issuer to resolve this chargeback. If this issue is now resolved, please let your card issuer know, and cancel the chargeback in your Resolution Center.

Sincerely,

PayPal

No they can't really stop it (Well maybe , if they can convince the card company the chargeback is unjustified. Considering you didn't get what you purchased, it could be a bit hard to prove it unjustified, especially since you have proof of it's return.), but they can close your account for doing the chargeback. They have done that to people in the past.

you paid via PAYPAL with another bank credit card?

I probably would have started with PAYPAL resolution but time limit is probably past and I also occasionally sell and collect money from PAYPAL.

Generally if your card is on your side, you probably will get it.

you paid via PAYPAL with another bank credit card?

I probably would have started with PAYPAL resolution but time limit is probably past and I also occasionally sell and collect money from PAYPAL.

Generally if your card is on your side, you probably will get it.

I did start with paypal, but they didn't help because the only play via their rules. Time was passed so they said no to further help.

How long does a charge back take? Just wondering