• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1818 CBH Grading

19 posts in this topic

Weaker reverse strike here as is common with these. identified as O-112a. R5.

Thanks for all the opinions. More would be appreciated. These are scans so there is a good amount of luster around the devices and the coin has a nice smooth album tone.

Weaker reverse strike here as is common with these. identified as O-112a. R5.

Thanks for all the opinions. More would be appreciated. These are scans so there is a good amount of luster around the devices and the coin has a nice smooth album tone.

I realize these pics are scans, but I don't see the Obverse die crack "from edge below of first 8 through last 18 of date to edge of lower curl, inner point of star 11, across star 10-8 and to cap then to star 7-6 and to edge. Need to have that die crack to be O-112a. If no crack O-112 R1.

Is the crack there? If so, great pickup.

Carl

One of the ones I'm looking to send in later this month.

dTCsSbc.jpg

For comparison, here's an AU 1818 that I have.

1818au55sm.jpg

Different die marriage but, depending on the luster, OP s coin is very comparable when looking at circulation wear. IMO solid AU.

Carl

I'd call it AU-50 or so. Like Carl, I don't see any sign of the die crack crossing to the rim at star 6 although, as you say it can be hard to see--especially on a toned coin such as yours.

For comparison, here's my 112a vlds which has an additional die crack from the base of 1 in the date up through the original crack at star 6.

1818-112Ao.jpg1818-112Ar.jpg